Before you start the Squat Challenge Monday 2nd November, please be sure to read these teaching & safety points for all squatting exercises.
Teaching & Safety points for squats:
- Sit down like you are sitting into a chair
- Keep your back straight, chest & head up
- Watch your knee alignment – preform squats in front of a mirror if you can
- Your knees should follow the line of your second toe
- Your knees should stay behind your toes at all times
- Your knees should not buckle in or out – tell them to stay straight!
- Push your bum as far away from your hips as you can
- Your hips & shoulder should stay facing forwards
- No hinging from the lower back
- You should never feel pressure through your knees or back
Rules for the squat Challenge:
- DAY 1-10 Preform each day of squats with the repetitions allocated depending on if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced
- DAY 11-20 Preform all 10 days of the squats together each day, for 10 days with the allocated repetitions depending on if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced
- Beginners are to complete x 10 repetitions
- Intermediate / Advanced are to complete x20 repetitions
- Enjoy, and don’t forget you take a before and after picture of your butt for yourself to see the improvements Toned butts for christmas!!