Makes 12 Sweets
- 1 cup (90g) unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of rock salt
- 15/20 whole almonds
- 110g green & blacks chocolate, chopped
- In a food processor, add the shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until it forms a thick paste, about 2-3 minutes.
- Test the coconut to see if it holds together by squeezing it in your palm. If the coconut is still too loose, continue to process for 1-2 more minutes.
- Drop the coconut mixture by the tablespoon onto a non-stick baking tray or parchment paper. Form each ball into a small rectangle by pressing it into formation
- Press an almond or 2 on top of the coconut rectangles / squares / balls
- Freeze the coconut for 15-30 minutes, or until solid.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a bowl over a heated pan of water, stirring well until the chocolate is smooth.
- Skewer each frozen candy bar onto a toothpick and dip into the melted chocolate, tapping off any excess chocolate. Wait for the chocolate to dry before removing from the toothpick.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature for several days (if they last that long).