This is one of my favorite treats with chocolate protein powder, thank you Sarah G for sending me this recipe. This is a perfect pre or post training snack
- 2 x medium sweet potatoes
- 100g gluten-free oats or buckwheat flakes
- 4 scoops vanilla protein (alternatively you can use chocolate protein powder which will give a sweeter bread, more like cake texture)
- 1tsp baking powder – gluten free
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract (not essence)
- Handful raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 15/20 minutes.
- Cook sweet potato (preferably steam) and then mash it.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor, blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Hand roll the mixture into 16 small balls and place on a large lined baking tray, or grease a bread tin and pour mixture into this to make a bread.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked.