A treat every now and again makes you really appreciate the finer things in like Here is a delicious raw brownie for you to try, its so quick to make with no cooking involved. Inspired by the happy pear recipes but I have adapted it slightly to add in a super food gogi berries and the nuts that I prefer. I served it with fresh fruit and it was a hit with the whole family.
This recipe is gluten, dairy & egg free, perfect for anyone following paleo, coeliac or anti-inflammatory diets.
Raw Brownies: serves 9
- 3oogms Pitted dates
- 40gms gogi berries – soaked in warm water for 10 mins
- 230gms mixed nuts of your choice (I prefer, almonds, walnuts & hazelnuts)
- 90gms unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or you can use 1/4 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 20gms extra almonds crushed for the topping
- Soak gogi berries in warm water for 10 mins & strain
- Blend dates & pre soaked gogi berries in the blender, until smooth – add a little water if needed to make a thick paste
- Remove dates & gogi berries & set aside
- Place all nuts in blender & blend until they form a fine crumb
- Add back in dates, gogi berries, cacao powder & vanilla or spices & blend well
- Add more water if needed to make a sticky texture
- Place dough into a non-stick square or I used a cheese cake tin with the push up base
- Press it down evenly with your hand or a spoon
- Place remaining 20gms of almonds in food processor & blend until chopped well, press into the top of dough
- Place mixture in the fridge for a few hours & then serve as is or with fresh fruit.
These brownies will store in the fridge for 10 days in an airtight container or freeze for 1 month.