Fudge Cake (serves 6-8)
Preparation time: 20 minutes & 2 hours chilling time
- Fudge Cake:
- 1.5 cups dry walnuts
- 1.5 cup unsweetened cacao powder or carob powder
- ¼ teasp sea salt
- 2/3 cup pitted Medjool dates (soaked in water & drained)
- 1/3 cup semi-soft pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup organic honey
- I medium ripe avocado pealed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup strawberries or raspberries
- To make the cake, put dates into the food processor & pulse, then add walnuts, cacao powder and salt into food processor and pulse until coarsely mixed. Avoid over-processing
- Line a loaf tin or other deep cake tin with baking paper
- Press half of the mixture into the tin, chill in fridge for 2 hours or overnight
- To make the icing, pulse dates, honey and avocado in the food processor
- Add the cacao powder and process until smooth
- To serve, Ice the layer with the frosting and top with strawberries or raspberries
- Serve immediately, or place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- The cake on its own will keep in the fridge for many weeks. The frosting will keep separately in the fridge for 1 week.
- The fully assembled cake with strawberries or raspberries will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.