Eggs Menemem – this dish was inspired by my trip to Gumbet in Turkey 2014 .My good friend Sarah and her husband Cengiz set up a fantastic restaurant called Peter’s Place. The food was so healthy , delicious and full of flavors, I’m looking forward to going back soon and I would recommend having a meal or 10 there if you are in the location, its no.1 on trip adviser.
Here’s my version of the Turkish dish Menemem:
Turkish dish Eggs Menemem: serves 1
- 1 full egg & 3 egg whites beaten
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 chopped red pepper (or 2 chopped tomatoes)
- 5 chopped asparagus spears
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place oil in pan & pop in your veggies on a medium heat
- Poor in the beaten egg when vegetable is soft
- Let the mixture set and then stir it up, add in paprika and black pepper.
Serve up & enjoy