A very quick soup to make and its a great one to keep you warm during the winter months. It’s full of nutrients to warn off any cold and flu’s
Serves 6-8 people
- 900 gms sweet potato – washed and diced
- 2 large white onions – peeled and chopped
- 300 gms broccoli – washed & chopped (use the stalk too)
- 100/150 gms celery – washed & chopped
- 1 large green chili chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp paprika powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 vegetable / chicken stock cube or make home made stock
- Wash and chop all ingredients, add them all to a large pot and fill with boiled water.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes until ingredients are soft.
- Place mixture into a blender and blend you your desired consistency. I prefer it very smooth.